2012年5月12日星期六

MAC Me Over Because There’s Something Here for Ev

Advertisement



mac me over

For my losing entry in the contest that eventually led to the upcoming MAC Me Over collection, I leaped into the sea from atop a giant rock in Oahu’s Waimea Bay while screaming, “MAC me over because I’m ready for a new adventure!” into a small waterproof video camera.

Actually…I was standing on an outcropping only about a foot off the water when I jumped. Oh, and I also flubbed my line. :)

I like to think of MAC’s fall release as the People’s Collection (raises fist!), but not because it was part of any underground revolutions. The collection’s imagery showcases dreamy before and after pics from the six men and women picked after last fall’s contest for the collection. In the contest, MAC fans submitted pictures and videos of themselves completing the phrase, “MAC me over because…”

From the submissions, MAC Creative Director James Gager picked the lucky winners. Pretty cool, yah?

The 51-piece collection is, in a word, MASSIVE! It launches August 25 here in North America and internationally this September with a bevy of brushes and limited edition and repromoted makeup for eyes, lips, face, cheeks and nails.

For more pics and info on the MAC Me Over collection, check out…
  • MAC Me Over Collection Lipstick Swatches Starring My Secret Lover (That’s What You Are)
  • MAC Me Over Lipglasses
  • MAC Me Over Lipsticks
  • MAC Me Over Collection Details, Official Product Pics, Winner Bio’s and a Q&A with MAC Creative Director James Gager

MAC divided the release into three sub-collections — Icelandic Cool (comprised of cool-toned shades), New Black (dark and bold colors) and MAC Basics (pink and nude shades hand-picked by MAC artists) — making it all fairly easy to navigate.

I swatched a few of what I thought were eye-catching items from each of the three sub-collections this morning. Holla at me if anything that gets you in the gut. :)

mac Lady Grey Eye Shadow Quad X 4
Lady Grey Eye Shadow Quad X 4

mac avenue Dark Diversion Dark Envy fluidline
Fluidlines clockwise from the lower left: Avenue, Dark Diversion and Dark Envy

mac Creamy Bisque Moleskin Mythical Outre eye shadows
Eye Shadows clockwise from the lower left: Creamy Bisque, Moleskin, Mythical and Outre

mac Equilibrium Satin Powder Blush Take Root Frost Cream Color Base
Equilibrium Satin Powder Blush (left) and Take Root Frost Cream Color Base (right)

mac Butternutty Cakeshop Heirloom Street Cool shadesticks
Shadesticks from the left: Butternutty, Cakeshop, Heirloom and Street Cool


Lipglasses from the left: Wee Coquette, Good Times, Illicit, Social Light and Curvaceous

mac Lady Grey Eye Shadow Quad X 4
Lady Grey Eye Shadow Quad X 4 swatches from the left: Lady Grey, All Races, Tendersmoke and Hazy Day

mac avenue Dark Diversion Dark Envy fluidline
Fluidline swatches from the left: Avenue, Dark Diversion and Dark Envy

mac Creamy Bisque Moleskin Mythical Outre eye shadows
Eye Shadow swatches from the lower left: Creamy Bisque, Moleskin, Mythical and Outre

mac Equilibrium Satin Powder Blush Take Root Frost Cream Color Base
Swatches of Equilibrium Satin Powder Blush (left) and Take Root Frost Cream Color Base (right)

mac Butternutty Cakeshop Heirloom Street Cool shadesticks
Shadestick swatches from the left: Butternutty, Cakeshop, Heirloom and Street Cool


Lipglass swatches from the left: Wee Coquette, Good Times, Illicit, Social Light and Curvaceous

A flash from green to gray caught my eye right away. It was from the Hazy Day Eyeshadow. I also immediately noticed Take Root Cream Color Base, a reddish bronze with a hint of green. I still don’t have any idea what I’d do with it, but I bet it would look really pretty in a bronzy green smokey eye.

Thumbs up for cheesy vegetable pasta!

For the love of cats, that cheesy vegetable pasta recipe from Women’s Health turned out even better than I’d hoped official soccer jerseys! From start to finish, it took less than half an hour to make, and even El Hub thought it was delish (I did add a little bit of chicken to his…).

Other alterations I made to the recipe: I added two cloves of minced garlic after sauteing them in olive oil, sprinkled fresh chopped basil on top, and layered everything (pasta, ricotta cheese, veggies and then the basil), to turn it into an improv lasagna. :)

It’s a pretty flexible recipe, which is another one of the things I like about it. If you’re not into dairy, just omit the ricotta. If you have a big meat eater in the family, add some grilled chicken breast.

NOM!

Your hungry neighborhood pasta addict,

Karen

没有评论:

发表评论