2012年4月28日星期六

Subtle Repetition

Sumcol
It's true... I'm a sad act.  Ever since some girl back in year 12 set me the challenge of not wearing the same outfit twice (of course you can mix up components more than once... THAT would be an insane challenge...), I have more or less NOT worn the same outfit twice since going "Mufti" in year 12, tweaking combos, accessories and pairings but never really repeating the exact outfit twice.  Hence why I actually don't have a favourite outfit as such and seeing as I don't have one, I just try and come up with a new one every time someone asks me to ponder such question...

Nevertheless, that doesn't mean someone isn't going to be fooled into thinking "Hold up... you lying scoundrel... you've *gasp* worn that same outfit before!!!", purely because tried-and-tested colour combinations such as the one above - pale mint green and sherbet-y orange - collide time and time again, exemplified by my outfit today and an outfit last year prompted by Luxirare's shockingly stunning jacket.  My love affair with this colour combination actually began in good old Toppers (Topshop...) when in 2000,Coach Carly Handbags, they went all pale and pastelly one summer and I went mad with my Chinese New Year savings and came home with dropped waisted frilly dresses and skirts in those exact shades.  Since then these colours have come out like clockwork and I thwart the repetition loophole once again!  That is one big HAH to whoever it was that set me that slightly ridiculous challenge back in year 12.  This year, this combo has been significantly lifted by recent acquisitions such as this Sara Berman studded leather jacket that is ultra soft and is definitely an unusual colour in the scheme of all things leather.  Underneath, the peach flag is flown by a pleasingly oversized Lonely Hearts onesie that came back with me from down under as well as a surprise from Weekday who very kindly sent me the 'Wink' leggings from Laura Mackness' collection.  I may be stubbornly sticking to this silly bet that has pretty much informed my wardrobe for a decade but I'll allow myself some patterns of repetition... 

DSC_2037

6a00e5508e95a988330115714eb47f970c-800wi 6a00e5508e95a988330115714eacb8970c-800wi

DSC_2040

DSC_2042

DSC_2052

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论